[Ti] STFU already

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sun May 4 07:33:33 PDT 2003

>>>Doesn't Eudora have a command that allows one to delete an entire thread?
>>
>>yup -- click on the 'subject' column (it resorts automagically), then select and delete.
>
>I thought there was also a command that would delete all messages that contain the same subject as the selected message?

If the user has the mailbox sorted by Date, and within that sorted by Subject, then yes. They can Option click on the Subject of any particular thread that they don't want, and auotmagically all the posts of that subject will be selected, ready for Command D.

The problem is that most people do not know of these tricks, and so believe that the many off topic posts only detract from the lists purpose, (which is already stated and obvious to any observer. Posting off topic is a decision that says the poster knows that they are using a list designed for a particular purpose, for some other purpose of discussion that they personally feel passionate about. I would think that there would be newsgroups for topics that are not on topic to these lists that were designed for specific topics.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

I'll never forget the first time I ran Windows, but I'm trying.