[Ti] TI DVI 800mhz, 512mb vs 1gb

Chris Rock stinger at pixar.com
Tue May 6 10:17:09 PDT 2003

most certainly, the difference in my opinion is a real world matter.

OS X loves memory, right from the start. The instant you start loading
applications, you start eating into the remaining memory pool. Photoshop
is very memory hungry depending on the history settings and the size and
type of image you working on. Virtual PC LOVES memory, and the more it
can have the better your windows OS under it will run ( within reason of
course )

The low cost of upgrading from 512mb to 1gb, is really one of the best
things you can do for your Ti model.

The fact that OS X will need to page out to the swapfile if you get
overloaded is reason enough to upgrade to more memory.

I work on both Mac's and PC's and I use some pretty hefty programs, and
2gb of memory on my desktop is something that I can't live without,
mainly due to the sheer amount of data that I work with at home.

Hope that helps ya.

- Rock