10.2.6 update - minor feedback

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed May 7 05:29:03 PDT 2003

I ran the 10.2.6 OS X update thismorning, restarted, ran fsck -y
under CMD-s (single user startup), ran Cocktail, restarted.
Everything was fine.

So far, the only issue is that the OS X forgot that Safari was my
default browser, and launched iCab when I clicked on a URL......  so
I had to go back to Internet Preferences and reset them.

I could perhaps just about accept that upon updating the OS, the
default browser would be re-set to Safari; but I found it really
strange that the update caused the default browser to change from
Safari!

One function that definitely seems to work much better is alt-cmd-H
to clear the desktop.
Very often, Safari was staying there, quite often other applications.
But now, everytime (so far), alt-cmd-H has very quickly cleared the
desktop.   This may simply be that memory is being managed better?
It could also be that my Ti-500 has been re-started.  I will watch
this carefully, to see if there is a progressive drop in performance.

regards,  Trevor