[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

Ric Perrott ric at ricperrott.com
Wed May 7 06:58:59 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 12:13  AM, b wrote:

>> So then if millions of customers suddenly disagreed that the cost of
>> a new automobile was fair, they should all start stealing them en
>> masse?
>
> Where's your grip? If the people hadn't been able to buy cheaper,
> better imports, the Big 3 would have all of us driving cars that got 5
> miles per gallon and lasted 3 years. So, yes, if the folks want to
> turn their back on those who think they can dictate the terms of the
> market, they will. They vote with their wallets. Always have, always
> will.

I made an assumption that you were intelligent enough to understand the
difference between "buying cheaper and better" and THEFT. I was in
error. Rest assured I will never overestimate your intelligence again.

If you don't like the price of a product you are more than free to
search out the best LEGAL alternative, be that used, bartered, or just
bought for a great price. You do not however have the right to STEAL it
simply because you think it's too expensive. That line of reasoning is
simply baffling to me. And here I thought that Mac users were supposed
to be more intelligent than their PC counterparts, yet what I'm reading
here is rhetoric that I'd expect from a 12 year old using their
parent's WinTel box.

What I'd like to know is if any of the people here that illegally
download copyrighted music have ever created anything of substance
themselves? Do you even understand what it means to create a piece of
art that comes completely from your imagination? Then imagine you've
created it, you put it up for sale, and people decide they'd rather
steal it. Flabbergasting.