Electrovaya

Alan Vonderhaar alvonder at fuse.net
Wed May 7 09:18:02 PDT 2003

Anybody have any experience with this company?
A cautionary tale:
I bought one of the PowerPad 120s so I could run my TiBook all day on
battery power.
It worked great for a few months, tripling typical runtime.
Then it suddenly failed, refusing to take a charge any more.

So I emailed the company asking what they'd do for me (warranty is
nominally a year).
No answer.
I wrote again, and my email was bounced. My ISP informs me the
Electrovaya folks have blocked mail from fuse.net. Is that a new low in
customer dis-service, or what?
Their stuff is VERY expensive; one would have thought that would entail
good service.

Regards,

Alan