[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Wed May 7 14:27:17 PDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003 12:15PM -0700, Ric Perrott wrote:
>> well... if the ipod has already been stolen, why is it morally wrong
>> not to accept it as a gift.
>
> Because it's called accepting stolen property and is illegal?

so the law is now dictates morality?  laws can be, and often are,
unjust.

by accepting stolen property you are not, yourself, removing that
property from its rightful owner-- that said, there is a moral
obligation to make a reasonable attempt to return that property, but, at
least in my mind, there is no true moral faux pas when it comes to
ACCEPTING that property.
--
Sam Hotchkiss
s at swh.cn
This message was sent wirelessly from a T-Mobile SideKick