[Ti] Shortcuts, Key commands Was:10.2.6 update..

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu May 8 03:44:14 PDT 2003

At 11:21 AM +0200 5/8/03, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:
>>ALT-CMD-H (or, option-Apple-H) clears the desktop of all the
>>windows open in other applications.
>>Only the open Finder windows remain.
>
>A very useful function which I did not know about before Trevor
>first mentioned it. Once before Trevor indicated that he used a
>shortcut unknown to me, so this time I went to the Mac Help and
>tried to find some section that I missed, but I still haven't been
>able to find alt-cmd-H mentioned as a shortcut to clearing the
>desktop.
>
>Hence my question to Trevor or anybody else ­ where do you get this
>information?

Lisbeth - first, you can be sure that I have no secret access to OS
knowledge...!
I learn by experience, by chance, from people (including on this
List, MacinTouch, etc) and sometimes by simply seeking and
investigating.  Sharing like this is good.

In OS9 (I can vaguely remember this OS...) I had a little red dot in
the top corner of my screen (it was a tiny utility called QuickHide
or something) that cleared my desktop of all my windows and clutter
when I clicked on it.

This is now implemented directly in the OS X Finder as cmd-H (hide
finder) and alt-cmd-H (hide others).

T.