non-apple wireless cards

Anders Adlercreutz anders.adlercreutz at profounders.com
Thu May 8 03:33:50 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm planning on getting an airport card and base-station for my Ti867
to use with an adsl-line at home. Having heard of the terrible
airport-reception of the tibooks I´m thinking of getting something else
than apple´s own airport, however elegant an internal card would be.
I live in a 2-story 200sqm timber house and would like to be able to
use it inside as well as, maybe , outside, up to say 10 meters from the
house.  Would the Airport Card be able to handle that?
I´m thinking of getting an 3com-card with an retractable X-jack antenna
to avoid havin protruding parts when carrying my PB around - does
anyone have any experiences with this one? I couldn´t find it liset at
the IOxperts site as compatible - are there any other drivers around?
For a base-station I´m considering a D-link  614 or 900 - any
experiences / better alternatives?

I´d be thankful for any input,

Anders Adlercreutz
Helsinki, Finland