[Ti] buy now at great price or wait

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu May 8 08:26:53 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 03:59  pm, Mike Stanley wrote:

> Now this isn't me buying this, this is my employer, but I like to
> think I do my best to save my employer money.  So my question is,
> seeing as I have a TiBook 667 (no combo drive, just DVD, so its an
> early model) - should I go for this deal *now* - realizing it is
> probably much better pricing than we will get on whatever new model
> replaces the 15" one?  Or should I wait?

This is going to be contentious.

The way Apple seems to be doing things at the moment, my guess is that
when the new 15 inch model comes out, it will be priced identically (or
a bit lower) to the current Ti models that are on "special" at the
moment -- (not the refurbs mind, i'm talking brand new machines).

I'd ask myself this question:

Is a 15 inch AlBook in (1,2,3?) months time including a better case,
faster processor, better graphics, better screen and Bluetooth inside
at $3000 worth more to me than:

A 15 inch Ti today for $2250.

Personally I'd wait, due to the fragility of our Ti cases compared to
the AlBooks, but that's just me.

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue