[Ti] buy now at great price or wait

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Thu May 8 12:03:30 PDT 2003

Well, I appreciate all the responses and comments.

We've decided to jump on this pricing deal while we can.  When
something bigger and better comes out it won't change the fact that for
$2288 we've gotten a fully decked-out SuperDrive-having 15" TiBook that
will do just fine for some time to come.

Also, I'll be handing my TiBook 667 over to one of our GA's who is
working on video projects for us.  It ought to be a step up speed-wise
and especially convenience-wise from the G4 he's using now, as he'll be
able to work anywhere, not just in the cubby-hole we've stuck him in.

I'll also be able to take his G4 PowerMac and retask it as a dedicated
OS X server for testing some other things we have to get done this
summer.  So for $2288 I get a new TiBook, he gets a TiBook to use for
video, and I get an additional PowerMac to use as a server.  Pretty
good deal.

Thanks again!