[Ti] buy now at great price or wait

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Thu May 8 12:07:07 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 01:06 PM, Sherman Gregory wrote:

> AirPort Extreme
> DDR RAM
> Firewire 800
> built in Bluetooth
> lighted keyboard?
>
> If you don't need those, I would buy the current one.  I like cables
> out the back, and I like Titanium better than Aluminum.  I would not
> be surprised if the Al-15 is a little heavier than the Ti-15.

The only thing there that could possibly make a difference to me is DDR
RAM, and to be honest I don't see it being worth more than $700.  We're
all 802.11b on campus with pockets of 802.11a, so AirPort Extreme is
pointless.  802.11b at home with no speed issues so no reason to pay
the money to switch to g.  Firewire 800?  Nothing I have or want would
use it.  Bluetooth?  The phones that use it are ones I can't use with
my cellular company.  Lighted keyboard?  Cute but no need for it.

Besides, another good thing about buying such a bargain - when it comes
time to upgrade again we've spent less on the front end so it hurts
less.