[Ti] buy now at great price or wait

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu May 8 13:38:11 PDT 2003

Sam Hotchkiss typed this message on 5/8/03 11:35 AM:

> I SERIOUSLY doubt we're going to see a proc bump, or graphics card bump (is
> there a better mobile graphics card available?) or a better screen (how much
> better can you get?) for at least 6-9 months

This begs the question...

Are the G4 970 mobile chips ready yet or not? If they are, this would be a
huge jump in performance. Especially so because they are so much cooler and
take much less power to run, it would be possible to have a Dual Processor
Powerbook in the works. Since Apple has been very good at keeping secrets
lately, we just might get blind-sided by something awesome waiting in the
wings.

--

Ô¿Ô¬
 ~~