[Ti] Word X under OS X (10.2.6)

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri May 9 03:55:37 PDT 2003

At 16:40 -0400 8-5-2003, John Griffin wrote:
>Trevor J. Hutley typed this message on 5/8/03 11:49 AM:
>  > I get the distinct impressionn that Word X, under 10.2.6 is less
>  > stable than it was before the upgrade.
>  > > Did anyone else notice a step-change in stability in Word after
>the update?
>
>Trevor, did you upgrade via the incremental updater or the Combo updater?
>This might make a difference.

John - as I usually do, I ran the incremental upgrade.

But based on input from the List, especially from Massimo here in
GVA, I downloaded the Combo update (80+ MB) this mornng, and applied
that over my existing 10.2.6 system.

Absolutely no problem to do that.

The first thing I noticed was that - as with the incremental updater
- my default browser was changed from Safari, and I had to re-set it
manually to Safari.  That confirmed the weirdness I had reported for
my incremental update!

Too early to comment on any other aspect of the update (Word stability).

In future, I will downlaod (since I have broadband anyway) the Combo
updater and use that, if the accepted wisdom is that this is a
"better" update protocol.

T.