[Ti] Most expensive iTunes download (OT)

Colin Buttimer c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Thu May 8 14:06:52 PDT 2003

> I'm starting to get really ticked off about partial albums.  An album is a
> work of art that an artist worked hard to put together, it's not fair to me
> as the consumer or the artist to only offer a "greatest hits" version of the
> album instead of the whole thing.
Christopher Murphy expressed an understandable concern on this list about
the future of music graphics in this age of downloaded music. I have a
further concern which I haven't seen mentioned - what about all the textual
information (players, producers, recipients of thanks, etc) one usually
peruses and assimilates as one listens to one's new purchase? It's long been
a key way for me to navigate the oceans of sound out there - how do you know
who played or was responsible for the incredible production job on Miles
Davis's Bitches Brew or who painted the cover of Jon Hassell's
Aka-Darbari-Java if you only download it from the store?

Being a UK resident I haven't had a chance to purchase anything - do you get
a text file with such details? If not, that's a distinct loss and one not
guaranteed to be rectified by research on AllMusic, etc.

All the best,

Colin