[Ti] [OT} Joel (XXL), you really are a complete waste of life.

Ric Perrott ric at ricperrott.com
Fri May 9 08:03:39 PDT 2003

I thought I'd share with everyone what Mr. XXL (is that his waist
size?) decided to share with me via personal email:

First there was this gem, written after Mr. XXL visited my web page...

"The best writers often write from their life experience. I saw that
you had
written some works for the screen. So try to integrate  your
life-experience
with your art.. I suggest you develop and submit a screenplay for the
next
installment of "Jackass". Good luck..  I do appreciate the good laugh I
had over it."

Smacks a little of jealousy to me. Perhaps the fact that I get to do
what I love everyday, creating art and giving back to the World
frustrates Mr. XXL, who is most obviously stuck in a life that he
hates, and which hates him in return.

Then I was able to chuckle over this nugget of wisdom:

  "It is obvious to me that you know zero about IP law, because I DO
know quite a bit
about it. I graduated from the top IP law school in the US and we had
professors who were counsel for ASCAP who talked extensively on the fact
that consumers who owned a work on LP and then bought that same work on
CD
were in face paying again for rights that were vested in the first
purchase.
And the record companies know this and love it."

All of which is completely irrelevant to his original statement which
told me that I was FORCED to purchase the CD after I bought the LP. I'm
still waiting for Mr. Brainiac to tell me exactly how I was FORCED to
buy something. But I suppose when you're as bitter as he is, you need
to lash out at something, anything, that will make your life seem even
a little less horrific and meaningless. I suggested both counseling and
asking this unnamed "top IP law school" for a refund of tuition,
because they had obviously failed in their mission to educate him.

But alas, we still weren't done... Mr. Brainless felt the need to toss
in one last grade school level insult. Get ready... it's a dandy....

"I hope you grow up some day.. What are you.. about 14?"

Wow! Are you as blown away as I am folks? We are obviously dealing with
a master of the written invective here. I thought I was dealing with an
amateur until he pulled the "What are you 14?" from out of nowhere. He
completely blind-sided me and I have to admit that I was unprepared for
the barb that he hurtled my way. Not since that day in 8th grade on the
playground, when a 9th grader, John Malone, made fun of my shoes had I
felt so naked, my emotions laid bare. I had attempted to retaliate by
making a crack about John's shirt, but it fell miserably flat, and that
was when John let me have it. He said, "What are you? 14?" It hit me
like a ton of bricks because I was, in fact, 14. I'll never forget the
emotional torment that I was subjected to, and I still carry around the
scars today.

So thank you Mr. XXL for opening those wounds long closed. You have
brought me back to a place I'd never thought I'd have to revisit. The
very nature of your immaturity, coupled with your deep seated feelings
of insecurity have taken me back to a dark time in my life. I hope
you're proud of yourself.