Fwd: Keyboard lay-out (Was: Re: [Ti] 10.2.6 update - minor feedback)

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Fri May 9 11:15:29 PDT 2003

On donderdag, mei 8, 2003, at 00:19 Europe/Amsterdam, Bill Reburn wrote:

> Chris,
>
> My Apple Pro Extended Keyboard clearly has two keys to the left and
> right of
> the space bar with 'alt' & 'option' printed on one and an outline of
> the
> Apple logo with the 'CMD symbol' (cloverleaf type square) printed on
> the
> other.
Thanks, I'm in a constant state of confusion about the
Apple/Option/Command/Alt/Cloverleaf -key names, this clarifies it.

> My Ti550 has these as well, but only one 'alt/option' with an 'enter'
> key on
> the opposite side.
So that's what it is. I've never used it before. Is it perhaps possible
to map that small 'enter' key to something useful? I mean I have a
working, fully functional 'enter' key, but I lack a 'hungry delete
key'. (Although ctrl-d is a good replacement in most apps)

By the way, why did you write 'enter' (between quotes). Does Apple name
it differently?

> I always hate when Apple refers to the CMD key as the Apple key, but
> whatever - I am sure it's useful to someone. Serves up nothing but
> confusion
> between multi-platform/keyboard users who haven't figured it out.
>
> Use 'option-apple'-H if that helps you  ;-)

It helped me, thanks

Kind regards,
Arjan

(Whose first ever mac is his TiBook 667Mhz with infrared)

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)