[Ti] DVD-R Media in Powerbook Superdrive?

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Fri May 9 11:17:12 PDT 2003

On 5/9/03 11:38 AM, "Benn" <joverkamp at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm wondering what cheaper DVD-R media people have successfully used in
> their powerbook's superdrive (particularly in the 17" Powerbook)?  I've
> got a project I wanna do that requires a lot of DVD-Rs, so buying in
> bulk is fine, but if I'm going to buy in bulk, I want to know it works
> first.  I've heard from people that some media won't work in certain
> drives, so I figured I would ask here first.

I got a 100 pack of DVD-Rs from ebay for $100, they don't have any logos,
and are very well made (they don't die if you scratch the top).
Unfortunately, my tibook has some serious issues with the superdrive that
are unrelated to this media, but I did test them in another tibook and they
worked great-- if you're interested, I can try and dig up the seller's info
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook