[Ti] Most expensive iTunes download (OT)

Colin Buttimer c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Fri May 9 11:19:29 PDT 2003

>> :-) iTunes does not care whether you are UK, US, EU, Japan, whatever
>> resident we might think of. Only thing it cares is that the Credit Card
>> you are going to use is US resident (billing address). Cannot arrange
>> with a friend/relative in the US? maybe with a secured card? Very easy
>> to do. (if you have that kind of friend that is).
>>
>> It might be the wait is not going to be *that* long to have to resort
>> to these solutions.
>
> I missed the original message, which I see you edited down - but I don't see
> him mentioning much about the regional iTunes restrictions of the Music
> Store.. He's looking for something that has long been lost from the sleeves
> and liners of records and CD's. Yet another piece falling by the way side.
Thanks Massimo, but Bill is right - it's the loss of information that's my
concern. The lack of both supporting textual information and graphics will
prevent me virtually all of the time from using Apple's music store (I
imagine if it's enabled for Europe then I might very occasionally buy the
odd pop song but that's it). For people who are not bothered by the lack of
non-musical data, the store seems a great service.

Does the mp3/AAC format impose a limit on the amount of textual information
you can include? I remember in the past that I've tried to input more than
minimal info into an mp3 via iTunes and had it disappear upon returning to
it.

All the best,

Colin.