[Ti] [OT} Joel (XXL), you really are a complete waste of life.

Colin Buttimer c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Fri May 9 11:35:47 PDT 2003

>> I thought I'd share with everyone what Mr. XXL (is that his waist
>> size?) decided to share with me via personal email:
>
> No matter what the content of the email, it simply is not acceptable to
> forward off list emails to the list without express permission.
Sam, I fell  foul of this viewpoint on the OS X list recently when somebody
from the list sent me an unpleasant, sneering offlist email which I
reproduced onlist. I have to say I'm with Ric on this particular issue.
There is something really invasive about having a listmember send snide
emails to one's personal email address. The offence is committed at that
point rather than at the point of reproducing an aggressive email in public.

I have no problem receiving critically constructive or friendly emails, but
I'd support anybody dealing with such an experience by shaming the offending
party in public in the way Ric has done. Having said that, if the argument
is perpetuated needlessly then I understand the need to curtail it.

All the best to you,

Colin.