[Ti] sudden shut off when on battery

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat May 10 05:27:43 PDT 2003

lördagen den 10 maj 2003 kl 12.22 skrev Andrew Lesny:

> I also remember curing a 'book like this by tightening up the screws
> underneath the keyboard. The main screws inside are the usual torx > t-8.
>
> The early 400 and 500MHz powerbooks had a tendency to literally
> 'unscrew' themselves. Whether from moving around or some thermal
> effect. The cover screws on my powerbook loosen up over time and have
> to be 'adjusted' occasionally.

Thanks for the tip about the screws under the keyboard. :-) I checked
the bottom screws yesterday and also looked at the 8 small magnets and
the opposing metall plates under the keyboard and they were all fine
since last time somebody mentioned this on the list. Silly enough I
didn't even think of checking the screws under the keyboad and sure
enough two of them were definitly loose when checking them today.

Since we seem to have a few new Ti listmembers who have bought their
Ti:s second hand I thought I help reminding them about the small
magnets. Thought, by the way, that one of those small magnet getting
loose and fallen down on a bad place could be the cause of the perfect
Ti-400, that a 14-night after transportation to its new owner,
suddenly failed.

Lisbeth i Göteborg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum> updat gardens 030418
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)