[Ti] email functions

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat May 10 17:33:47 PDT 2003

>Is there any way to get the email program in OS X (10.2.6) to
>automatically open mailboxes with unread emails, just like my eudora
>programs did
>in OS 9?

No, and this is one of the reasons I cannot use it; even if they
would adopt a filter like Entourage's "Unread Mail" it would be nice.

>Is there anyway to import the filters from eudora not only the mailboxes?

there is an app on versiontracker (search for Eudora) that will
convert your Eudora settings to Mail settings. It works well, with
some caveats that are explained in the instructions. The biggest
being that Mail still has a rather immature set of filters (rules),
so not all of your Eudora filters will work.

The OSX version of Eudora is very robust now. I don't think it has
crashed once on me in Jaguar.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com