[Ti] TiBook and powered ethernet

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat May 10 17:39:55 PDT 2003

>>Anyone else notice problems or difficulties making a good
>>connection via a powered ethernet jack or have any ideas to help
>>diagnose what might be the cause?

This is somewhat of a WAG, but have you tried connecting from OS9?
This "MAY" be an OSX issue. I have had a similar problem (though I
did not connect it to "powered ethernet"); every computer we hooked
to the switch connected fine, including the computer in question when
booted in OS9 (Win98, Win2000, OS9, OS8). But in OSX, the only way to
get it to work was using DHCP with manual IP. At the time, I just
attributed it to the funky way the Hughes/DirectPC kluged their
internet stuff together.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com