[Ti] [OT] Dead iBook (update)

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon May 12 10:10:42 PDT 2003

Pedro Vera typed this message on 5/11/03 5:21 PM:

> In yet one more unbelievable display of the iBook ruggedized design, my iBook
> started working
> once again after leaving it to dry for 36 hours. No damage I can see, and the
> DVD/CDRW drive
> seems to be working fine. Both the memory and airport cards survived the Coca
> Cola flood.
>
> Many thanks to the people that responded both on the list and thru email. The
> only downside is
> that I lost the only excuse I had to buy a new iBook 900 for my wife, since
> the 600 is more than
> adequate for what she uses it (chat, email, web surfing and watching DVDs).

I once dumped a whole glass of Merlot in my first TiPB. Luckily I hadn't
sipped any from it, otherwise my reaction time would not have been as fast
when I grabbed it and flipped it upside down. The only part that got soaked
was the keyboard. I spent most of a day using compressed air and contact
cleaner. In the end, it worked just as well as ever. Lucky me!

Now if only Mac Powerbooks were built like the ones they use in the U.S.
Military that can be dumped in salt water, kicked across the room, bounced
down a flight of stairs and still work just fine.

jg