Strange system freeze

Obrecht, Jerry A Jerry.A.Obrecht at mdnt.com
Mon May 12 12:06:28 PDT 2003

I was working on director mx with battery power, without me knowing the
battery percentage dropped to 0 % (no pop up window) suddenly the mouse
disappeared and the system freezed completely I tried closing the lid the
light went off and opening it back the light came on but still no mouse, I
tried then plugging it to the ac adapter still noting the lid was still on
but no mouse movement no battery charging, so I had to shut down the
computer (prolonged pressure on the power button) and now every thing is
back to normal.

Is this a normal behavior of the new operating system (10.2.6)

The battery in my powerbook ran down while "sleeping".  It wouldn't startup, on wakeup, after a week or more of sleep, so I suspected that the battery had run down.  I plugged in the power adaptor and it restarted, but the startup took about twice as long as usual.  So, if this is typical, then restarting after a battery is run down will take a longer time.  It all worked fine after the restart.

Jerry