Battery charging issue (for a Pismo actually)

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at mac.com
Mon May 12 10:59:26 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Sorry for the slightly OT question about an older PB. While I'm a TI
user
I have a good friend who has a Pismo that doesn't seem to be charging
it's battery.

He's on OS 10.2.6

Has two different adapters, both seem to have been working until just
recently. He only concluded that it isn't charging during a power outage
while trying to work with storms knocking out our power here over the
weekend (Pgh. Pa).

He's followed the instructions for resetting the power manager to no
effect.

I'm thinking, battery may be old enough that it's time for a
replacement but
recalled some discussion about logic board issues preventing the battery
from charging (or something else internal that wasn't adapter, outlet or
battery per se).

I'm not finding much in the Apple docs about the logic board issue.
Anyone
have a thread on this or could someone point me to more info.

thanks!
Jenn