[Ti] 0% battery warning!!!!

cheshirekat cheshirekat at cheshirekat.com
Mon May 12 21:33:15 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003, Carlos Fernando Hernandez
nandoz at cln.megared.net.mx, invoked powers within the internet realm, to
proclaim ...

>Recently one of you talked about the combo update, it says he does have
>the warning of
>battery going down, I downloaded this update and installed over the 10.2.6.
>
>The results are:
>- Gain 10 seconds on startup
>- About 30 minutes more on my 1 year old battery (usually got from 2-2:20
>hours, now
>almost 2:40-3 hours with half bright.
>- 8% WARNING BATTERY!!!

I currently get about 3.25 - 3.5 hours with my TiBook purchased in
February. However, after the 10.2.5 update, I noticed that I no longer
get a low battery power warning. I usually keep an eye on the battery
indicator in the menu bar, but there were a couple of times when I didn't
get the power plug pushed in all the way. The first time, I had a panic
attack after sitting for a few minutes looking dumbly at the black
screen. (Long day, overtired, overstressed - and definitely NOT in the
mood, so I was understandably dumbfounded.) I quickly yanked out my
PowerBook manual since I wasn't about to switch to the old and slow
computer to seek online help. Not with my beloved PowerBook in some kind
of life-threatening distress! I checked the power to the surge protector
and followed the cord all the way to my PowerBook several times before
realizing that while the plug was inserted - it did not equate to being
inserted "correctly". Well, I promptly went to bed after that
embarrassing moment.

The second time, I realized almost immediately that I hadn't correctly
plugged in the power, but it would be nice if I got that warning again. I
like to allow my PowerBook to run almost completely empty once in a
while, because otherwise, the charge doesn't seem to stay at 100% for
long - even when plugged in. But, since I still get 3+ hours of charge
time, I haven't stressed too much - I just check the plug frequently.