What is Transport (was iTunes Choppy)

Chris Owens cwosigns at mac.com
Tue May 13 14:00:03 PDT 2003

I figured out what was making iTunes choppy.  I opened Terminal after a
fresh reboot and typed in "top" to see what was running and how much of
the CPU was being used.  I have a Widget that said my CPU never went
below 70% usage (meaning something was constantly hogging my CPU).
Well I killed Transport, and now I'm at 15% usage (much better).

So what is Transport, and how can I stop it from starting every time I
boot up?  Any ideas?

P.S. iTunes is not choppy anymore.

Chris Owens
Cincinnati, Ohio