[Ti] What is Transport (was iTunes Choppy)

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Wed May 14 10:01:00 PDT 2003

Personally, I'd expect iTunes to be using more, and other applications
to be using less; but the total usage will still be at about 100%.  I'd
expect iTunes at more like 70%.  It might be worth checking what your
total CPU usage is when iTunes isn't running and nothing else is busy
working; It should be under 10%, mine is usually under 3%.  The more
doohickies and widgets and doodads you have installed, the higher this
will go.  It will also go higher if your mail is checking or your
computer is performing some other background task.

Roger Snyder <rogersnyder at pobox.com> writes:
>     Well this may be my problem, iTunes is using 30 to 50% of the CPU
> with
> Visualiser on, so the CPU is pinned at 100%. Is is supposed to use that
> much?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html