[Ti] sound recording with built in mic? (Ti550

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed May 14 11:58:13 PDT 2003

At 09:44 -0700 14-5-2003, coccolithophorid at earthlink.net wrote:
>Jenn,
>Go here...
>http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/soundstudio.html
>and download sound studio, then make sure you set up the input
>output options under the audio menu. if you select software play
>through and you are not wearing headphones, you will get feedback.
>
>once you've recorded and saved your file as an aiff just drag it
>into itunes and select it, then from the "advanced" menu select
>"convert selection to mp3". If you are only doing spoken word a low
>encoding rate should be fine 64 kbps (done in itunes preferences).

Kevin -whilst I agree and confirm that Sound Studio is a good
solution (I have used this several times, and done the AIFF to MP3
conversion using iTunes, and it is simple), I thought that the
original request for something that was free, in the OS.  Sound
Studio is by no means free, although it does have 14 actual trial
days.
That is why the iMovie proposal sounded appropriate.  However, making
just an audio recording using iMovie was not evident to me....
Perhaps I just need to experiment more.

T.