[Ti] buy now at great price or wait

Jeffrey K. Lew jklew at ucla.edu
Wed May 14 11:58:34 PDT 2003

>That is the standard govt/education price.  And a very good deal is you have
>access to it.
>-Joel
>
>>  At the same time, there's a special on the 17" Al: $2999 plus tax,
>>  includes 3-yr. Applecare. I don't think they're trying to reduce
>>  stock of the 17".

Actually, the government/educational institution price WITHOUT
Applecare is $2999. With 3-yr. Applecare, it's $3238 (plus tax in
some cases; at UCLA, departments are still required to pay the state
and local sales taxes). The education price for individuals without
Applecare is $3149.

So, I repeat, we are getting a "special" deal here due to a one-time
volume purchase by our student store.

Jeff Lew
UCLA Atmospheric Sciences