[Ti] Zeroing drive?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu May 15 06:05:07 PDT 2003

>>I will sell my iBook shortly (in exchange for the 12''PB tomorrow!) and was
>>was wondering how to erase the drive *completely*.
>>What software would you use and recommend?
>
>Per - I think that Silverlining Pro that came with my LaCie external
>USB drive can do that for you, but you need to boot in OS9 (my
>version 6.4.3 does not work in Classic and I am unaware of an OS X
>version).  Would that be OK?  I have not zeroed any drive for at
>least 3 years, so that is all I can remember right now.

You can also use the Zero all data option in the OS9 Disk Utility;
the OSX does not seem to offer that (at the first level anyway; I
didn't want to venture further on my hard drives!). Searching
versiontracker will also reveal a couple of "secure erase" apps. I
cannot speak to their effectiveness however.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com