17-inch PBG4 names (was:[Ti] Good stand for the Lunchtray?)

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Thu May 15 06:28:31 PDT 2003

>Calling a computer that you spent over three thousand dollars on a
>"lunch tray" is very PC of you (read as an IBM/DOS drone and not
>"politically correct").  Fact is a that's what a PC buddy of mine
>called it when he saw my new Powerbook 17".  The design is too
>elegant to be relegated to a kitchen utensil.  LOL

Well, "AlBook" doesn't work for me, "Big Al" reminds me too much of
that ex-veep from TN, "Aircraft Carrier" is a bit overdoing it, I
think (Although I've heard "Nimitz" was an Apple internal name for
it, which is kinda cool) and "BigHonkin'$3KPileo'AluminumGoodness"
was taken.

You can honestly say you HAVEN'T eaten Salisbury Steak or instant
mashed potatoes off of yours yet?  Mmmmmm.  Talk about multitasking!

An I am offended that this in any way classifies me with the masses
of WinTel.  I have never (and hopefully will never) have to use any
flavor of windoze, much less a
"BigHonking$500Pileo'DellCrapolawithanexternalCDROM".

Humph.  Get a sense of humor.

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0b18 on Mac OS X 10.2.6