[Ti] Audio CD burning question

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Thu May 15 09:42:42 PDT 2003

Depending on how old the old CD player is, it might not work at all
with CD-Rs.  CD-R discs are not as reflective as commercially pressed
CDs, and so the CD player has to expect a weaker signal when reading a
CD-R.  Some of the oldest CD players consider this weak signal to be a
sign of no CD, and hence they can't read it.

Jeff Porten <civitan at jeffporten.com> writes:
> Last week, I burned a CD for use in my dad's CD player, an old
> all-in-one box with a CD tray for 3 CDs.  CD doesn't play there.  But
> it plays fine in the car CD player.
>
> Just wondering where I should troubleshoot to get a CD that'll play in
> the home player.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html