[Ti] 17-inch PBG4 names (was:[Ti] Good stand for the Lunchtray?)

Cyn flanders1 at charter.net
Thu May 15 14:24:49 PDT 2003

At 9:28 AM -0400 5/15/03, Peter Krug wrote:
>>Calling a computer that you spent over three thousand dollars on a
>>"lunch tray" is very PC of you (read as an IBM/DOS drone and not
>>"politically correct").  Fact is a that's what a PC buddy of mine
>>called it when he saw my new Powerbook 17".  The design is too
>>elegant to be relegated to a kitchen utensil.  LOL
>
>Well, "AlBook" doesn't work for me, "Big Al" reminds me too much of
>that ex-veep from TN, "Aircraft Carrier" is a bit overdoing it, I
>think (Although I've heard "Nimitz" was an Apple internal name for
>it, which is kinda cool) and "BigHonkin'$3KPileo'AluminumGoodness"
>was taken.
>
>You can honestly say you HAVEN'T eaten Salisbury Steak or instant
>mashed potatoes off of yours yet?  Mmmmmm.  Talk about multitasking!
>
>An I am offended that this in any way classifies me with the masses
>of WinTel.  I have never (and hopefully will never) have to use any
>flavor of windoze, much less a
>"BigHonking$500Pileo'DellCrapolawithanexternalCDROM".
>
>Humph.  Get a sense of humor.

Yeah, get a sense of humor! ;-)

I named my titanium PB, Mai Tai (get it?...My Ti. It's a long story I
won't bore you with now.)

How about some help naming this machine? All suggestions will be
considered. I have never been at a loss for naming my computers. I
have had this 17" for a few months and it is still nameless.

Once we find a name for the 17" PB, you can help me name my new 30 gig iPod.

--
Cyn