[Ti] Zeroing drive?

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Thu May 15 14:30:06 PDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003 1:55AM -0700, Per Brodersen wrote:
> I will sell my iBook shortly (in exchange for the 12''PB tomorrow!)

congrats

>  and was
> was wondering how to erase the drive *completely*.
> What software would you use and recommend?

if the information is highly sensitive(gov't/corporate secrets), the
only answer is to physically destroy the drive, if its just personal,
you would be fine to just zero out the data on the drive using apple's
disk utility (I think you still can, I know you could in os 9), this
should render the data unretreivable without dissembling the drive and
retrieving the data manually, bit by bit, using a microscope and a lot
of patience.
--
Sam Hotchkiss
s at swh.cn
This message was sent wirelessly from a T-Mobile SideKick