[Ti] Firewire Ports

JELyon jelyon at mac.com
Thu May 15 14:31:40 PDT 2003

I'm somewhat confused. Perhaps I'm tired, or just stupid, but it seems
half the folks are saying "don't use bus powered devices!" and half the
folks are saying "turn on your self powered devices before plugging
them in!" and the third half are saying "don't turn on your self
powered devices before plugging them in!"

As a use a wireless card, I'd prefer not to have to make the choice
between firewire and internet connectivity, should I blow my port.

Has Apple actually released a "best practices" document for this issue?