[Ti] ACH! Where's my camera?

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Sat May 17 05:00:04 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 11:25 PM, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:

> While I was importing some footage into imovie today (sniff sniff,
> I've lost my $1000 final cut pro cd ;() my camera's power adapter got
> unplugged, causing it to turn off (its a JVC DVL820U), which caused
> imovie to lock up my whole comp-- totally unresponsive.
snip
>   Any ideas before I go buy applecare tomorrow?
> --

Sam

try something like a Hard drive on the Firewire port and make sure the
port is ok.

next do you have a 2nd camcorder or a neighbors you can try to see if
its a camera FW port problem.

this will eliminate the FW ports being good or not.

If all is ok try  deleting the preference file for final cut pro (you
may need to reinput your serial number not sure here).

still no go run disk warrior, after that find that find final cut pro
disk (or the backup you made, you made a backup didnt you?) and
reinstall.

frank farwell