[Ti] Airport alternative?

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Wed May 21 08:56:47 PDT 2003

At 10:32 AM -0400 2003.05.21, Michael Bigley wrote:
>These look like very nice products, but they appear a bit late in the game, as I have already purchased similar products for both functions. Also, from the picture, it looks like the AC Auto adaptor only fits the new iPods, which I don't have.

I had purchased Dr. Bott and Radio Shack and other cigarette lighter adapters and FM transmitters for my prior iPods. But the cigarette lighter adaptors are obsolete for the new iPods. The Belkin products from Apple's store, for the current iPods, are better in functionality, design and appearance

>If you plug the FM transmitter into the power supply, does it also run off of that power source? Can you select the station you tune to? The one issue I have with my current transmitter is that it runs on batteries; while I get about 10-12 hours of use from a set of batteries, I frequently take 18-hour-plus road trips.

The Belkin FM transmitter is useable by itself and uses batteries. It has 4 selectable low-end FM frequencies to choose from, and it was no problem for me on my radio which can only select stations by seeking. This Belkin transmitter has a soft rubbery feel that is very comfortable and comforting. I have not used it long enough yet to comment on the battery life, but I didn't consider that a major problem with the other models I have.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)