[Ti] unsuscribe

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Wed May 21 08:53:19 PDT 2003

On 5/21/03 11:22, "Paul N. Reid" <pnreid at cox.net> wrote:

> P.S. Thanks for being a sport about it all!  You sound like good people (no
> matter how hard you try not to be....)  : )

This is a tough crowd. However, and I think Shawn would agree, we got a good
thing going here. This list is stays on topic and very focused about 98% of
the time. Those times when it veers off topic or gets a little "warm",
things seem to sort of self moderate after a short while.

There are some other lists (Mac-L, Eudora-Mac, WIndows-L) that Shawn and I
belong to where there is a vast coterie of "List Moms" waiting to pounce on
the slightest crossing of the line. If you violate their terms of service
you are immediately moderated for 5 posts.

It puts such a chill on things that I don't even participate much anymore -
and Shawn and I (and another) originally rescued the list from oblivion. We
are the elder statesmen of the list and we get no slack at all since our
other "partner" took it over.

Fortunately, the people who host this list (Ti) do not have time or
inclination to get involved here - and that¹s a good thing.

So those of you who violently resent "any" off topic posts here, be careful
what you wish for. And if you want info on subscribing to those other lists,
let me know and I'll steer you toward them.
--
Jesse

"George Bush may well be a cowboy. But increasingly I find myself asking
what's so bad about cowboys?"  -T. Parsons