[Ti] the new books

mburke6225 at aol.com mburke6225 at aol.com
Wed May 21 22:41:53 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/21/2003 9:15:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, macstonelson at yahoo.com writes:

> Will someone who has made the switch from a ti-book to
> an al-book tell me their opinion of any "quality"
> differences they see in the hardware?

Dave

The quality difference is in design.  The aluminum takes wear much better than the paint on the Ti which scratches easily.  While the screen is larger on the 17" the lumens appear to be about the same.  The keyboard is much more substantial and the illumination does come in handy for presentations in a dark room.  My 17" runs cooler than the 1 gig 15" which would heat up in my lap pretty easily.  Be careful of the latch of the 17" when you buy one.  The first one I tried, the latch stuck.  I still would be cautious with the 17", it is not indestructable, but it does wear better that the TiBook.  The 17", Allie, it really is a great computer and the size is no problem.

MBurke