[Ti] new user / airport performance [OT?]

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu May 22 04:49:28 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 12:25  pm, philipp wrote:

> What would be a reasonable max number of people I should allow on *my*
> base station?

why not let everyone who wants to connect connect, and then each person
start copying a large file across the network. At least that way you
can then see what "real world" bandwidth you get for each user when all
are connected.

one thing to keep in mind is how fat your external network bandwidth is.

In many offices the bottleneck is normally the internet bandwidth not
the internal network bandwidth.
--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue