[Ti] Jedi wins ipod (OT)

Randy Reames randy at reames.org
Thu May 22 11:13:58 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 12:30 PM, Hayes-Holgate, Shaun wrote:

>    The first link is to a site that has an 'embarrisingly good video'
>    of a grade 10 student acting out his Jedi fantasy which was put on
>    the net by his evil friends.Following that was a SFX touch up with
>    sound and visuals:
>

>   http://www.waxy.org/archive/2003/04/29/star_war.shtml
>
>     But he's been compensated with a generous charity drive
>    that nets him a new ipod:
>

> http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=0b3448cf-665c-4b7b-9cba-
> 78ba161c0e61
>
>    And they all lived happily ever after in a galaxy far far away....

He should be getting a lot more than an iPod with $4000. I think a Mac
laptop and a DV camera should go to him as well. He also received a
Darth Maul lightsaber replica, signed by Ray Park. They closed the
donations to soon though. It was only yesterday that this was really
picked up by the mainstream media.

Hell, I am 31 years old and I still do that stuff. Just not on video.
:-)

The videos are in mwv format. I had to use VLC to view them.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Good luck Star Wars Kid, may the Force be with you.

--
Randy Reames  Web Developer  Midwest Energy
OS X 10.2.6 ~ Debian GNU/Linux ~ TiBook 667