file names at iDisk

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri May 23 03:03:59 PDT 2003

I have copied several folders of files from my Ti-500 (see, on-topic
!) to my iDisk.
The idea is that my colleague will be able to download them from there.

These are Call Reports, in Word format, with sometimes long names.
OS X can handle the names.
BUT if I log on to my iDisk through my browser (Safari v74) I see
that the file names are "messed up" at the end.

Look at the file names in any folder in the AMI folder at
<http://homepage.mac.com/hutleytj/>

A typical file name (21 May folder) is:

CallReport_83.503.24_Kraiburg_USA

The end of the file name on the download page looks "corrupted".
I cannot download the file from there, to see if it is in fact OK,
because if I try to, I get the message:

We're sorry, but we can't find the HomePage you've requested.

Which is very strange, as I am obviously already logged on to that page.... !

Any odeas of what is happening with the file names and download process?

regards,  Trevor