[Ti] Black Lines in Display

Ron Owens owensron at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 14:45:57 PDT 2003

I just unplugged them, plugged them back in, put the machine back together,
and found that the problem had gone away.  It's still working fine by the
way.

If your problem is the same as mine and you have no warranty left nor
applecare, it's worth trying.  It could be, however, that your problem is
different from mine (a bad display).  The problem I had looks like bad
television reception with a digital twist -- black horizontal lines with a
loss of vertical hold.

Be very careful, though, when you have a TiBook apart.  I had the bottom
tray piece off and tried to move the screen -- bad idea.  Try this and you
will hear a cracking noise.