[Ti] Apple's Future

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Mon May 26 16:48:03 PDT 2003

CBIRDS <cbirds at earthlink.net> writes:

"[A] fair question would be, considering that X was supposed to be the savior OS for Apple, why do you suppose they are experiencing an ever-declining market share? Could it be that the Mac is not a Mac anymore?"

Very interesting, indeed.  Matt Deatherage has a "The Big Picture" article in the June 2003 issue of Macworld (pp. 135-36), entitled "Transition Anxiety," which addresses that very issue.  OSX versus "Next elitism," as he describes it -- worth reading.

Next, Michael Bigley <wakinyan at fuse.net> writes:

"What is amazing is that this is the second time this information has been posted to this list and you continue to infer that you are right and those of us defending copyright are a**holes."

This list's purpose is discuss Mac issues -- principally those related to Ti's and Big Al's, since there is no other list for Big Al's at present -- and not to discuss other matters.  I have plenty of lists, Web sites and services that I subscribe to, where legal matters are discussed; and this is not one of them.

I come to this list to learn about Mac-related issues, and nothing else, and I assume that is true of most who subscribe to it.

Finally, Steve Wozniak <steve at woz.org> writes:

"General Macintosh issues are the subject of other lists."

If that was true, approximately fifty percent of the comments would be eliminated from this list.  Thus, that's poppycock.

Hopefully when postings of articles and links are made to this list, there will be thoughtful, substantive comments about the content of such articles.  I thank those who have provided such comments off-line and otherwise.

Best wishes,

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com