[Ti] Jumpy mouse pointer

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Tue May 27 08:22:11 PDT 2003

>I am using the mouse on a laminated desk surface, which simulates a maple
>wood finish. The surface is therefore of non-uniform color - there is a wood
>grain look to it.  Do you think that might be influncing the optical reader
>to jump the mouse cursor?

I don't think it is the grain, but more likely the finish, which is
refracting the light rather than reflecting it to make the mouse
think it is moving when it isn't. This is just my semi-scientific
understanding of light and the fact that moving to a non-reflective
mouse pad solved my similar problem, and the same problem that a
colleague was having.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com