[Ti] Black Lines in Display

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Tue May 27 08:23:34 PDT 2003

The two-pin connector (usually with one white and one blue wire) is
actually the sleep light connector.  You generally don't need to bother
with it.  ;-)
There's a different two-pin connector that goes through the other hinge
(usually pink and white), however, and that's the bulb wire that comes
from the inverter board.  That one is a lot more difficult to get to,
and its exact location varies by model.  You have to remove the logic
board to get at it, most of the time, but unless you just lost the
backlight (everything else about the display is OK), that wire isn't
causing any problems.  One thing to watch for though is that the latest
models have this wire running along the edge of the case all the way up
past the CD drive to the inverter board, which is in the very front
corner of the computer.  If the wire gets pinched when you put the
bottom case back on, you'll probably have to get it fixed
professionally.  Luckily, this part is just a cable extension from the
board to the display connector, but it takes a good amount of labor to
get to it, and you might just be stuck paying Apple's flat-rate.

And the connectors will be close to you and on the left if the computer
is upside down with the hinges towards you; probably the best
orientation for working on the TiBook.

Ron Owens <owensron at earthlink.net> writes:
> 4. Found the connectors: one is multi-pin, the other two-pin (if the
> latch
> is toward you, I think they'll be close to you and on the left -- not
> sure,
> though)

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com