[Ti] iTunes update - who has installed

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Wed May 28 07:45:12 PDT 2003

On onsdag, maj 28, 2003, at 16:38 Europe/Stockholm, Les Posen wrote:

> So, with the new update for iTunes now crippling the internet sharing
> and downloading capacity, who has updated?
>
> I did see someone bleating that they could not access their home-based
> iTunes collection from their work address; but clearly the small
> number of people who made download software for iTunes have spoilt the
> party for others.

Noooo...Clearly the large number of people who
_used_the_download_software_illegally_ spoiled the party for others.

> OTOH, software such as MPsushi may still be usable, but I don't know
> if it will broadcast AAC files. Should Apple become aware of the
> number of people writing publicly of not updating iTunes 4, what's the
> bet another system software update makes an appearance which contains
> an iTunes update anyway, without calling it as such....or am I being
> cynical?

At the very least, there is a great risk that only iTunes 4.0.1 (or
perhaps 4.0.2 or 4.1) will run on Panther. Also, there are other bug
fixes in iTunes 4.0.1 that you may not want to miss out on (for
example, AppleScript support works for streamed tracks). Then again,
I'm convinced it won't be more than a day before there is a solution
which will allow streaming (and downloading) again.

/ David