Grey screen crash?

RRSounds at aol.com RRSounds at aol.com
Wed May 28 14:16:29 PDT 2003

In a message dated Wed, 28 May 2003 14:16:24 Selwyn Ward <selwyn.ward at btopenworld.com> wrote:
<<
Just suffered my first crash in OSX.  At least that's what I guess it was.
I'm using my 17"Al when suddenly what looks like a pull-down shade runs down
the screen from top to bottom, making entire screen contents look grey
tinted. A notice appears (carrying the power button logo) announcing in
multiple languages that the computer needs to be restarted.  No buttons work
except the power/restart buttons.  Anyone else encountered this?

I have seen this several times when I hook up my TiBook up on my friend's home Windows network. Sometimes it works great and other times I try to log into one of his computers and POW! The Mac version of BSOD. Pretty damn embarrassing, what with him OTHERWISE being very impressed with OSX.

David Reaves