[Ti] OT - Looking for a new printer

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri May 30 07:01:34 PDT 2003

>I'm looking for a new printer to print mainly text. Later I will be
>buying on to print photos.
>My local dealer has a deal on the HP deskjet 5550, for CHF 179.-
>Anybody have any feed-back on this one?
>
>I've been a (happy) Epson user until now, and I was looking into
>their printers that can print on CD's also. Are they any good?

TechTV did a printer shoot out a while back and they gave high marks
to the Canon S330. The greatest advantage being that refill
cartridges are only about $8. It retails in the $100 range. I bought
one and it is a great little printer! Works fine with OSX and is
pretty speedy in BW mode. Color quality isn't bad for an inkjet, it
offers options to print in high quality mode if you have the
expensive photo paper. I haven't tried that yet, but for you just
want a good text printer with no OSX hassles, then this would be one
choice.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com